Best Processor For Gaming AMD or Intel P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldRush65

Solid State Member
I've having a hard time deciding with the kind of processor to build my gaming system with. I don't really know alot about AMD but they seem to be popular around here.Any advice would be appreciated. $500 to 600 is probably my chip/mobo limit unless
i can be convinced that spending alittle more can guarentee alot more speed for the $$$$.

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 if you want the best and have deep pockets.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester for an average machine.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ for those on a budget.

AMD AThlon 3500

How does the speed compare when the Amd Athlon3500 winchester is 2.2Ghz and most P4 are 3.0 and up for cheaper

AMD cores can complete proccesses in less clock cycles than Intel cores, therefore they are clocked lower.

To put it into perspective to you, imagine an AMD proccesor being a large tire and an Intel proccessor being a small tire. The larger tire can move a farther distance in one rotation than the smaller tire, so the smaller tire has to compensate by making more rotations to keep up.

Imagine the rotations being the clock speed, an AMD uses a lower clock speed because it completes proccesses faster, but Intel must use a faster clock speed to complete the same proccess at the same speed.

It's a bit complicated, but that's the best I can explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom