CPU usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heero_yuy151

Baseband Member
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this problem im having with my Task manager.

Everytime I click the performance tab on Windows Task manager theres a lot of red bars instead of just green. I'm not sure what that could lead to but I def want to find out how to fix it.

Those Red Bars are "Kernel" % usage.

A kernel is he central module of an operating system. It is the part of the operating system that loads first, and it remains in main memory. Because it stays in memory, it is important for the kernel to be as small as possible while still providing all the essential services required by other parts of the operating system and applications. Typically, the kernel is responsible for memory management, process and task management, and disk management.

The readout is good just as long as it stays below your green CPU usage most of the time.

This is normal (look at the pic) Its ok if it goes beyond what your CPU is using (lets say if your CPU is using 48% and the kernel is using 53%) that is ok. But something is wrong when it says 0-10% cpu and 50% kernel. If it was me, i would just install XP over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom