So what do you think, good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, but it is nowhere near $1000 more than building. That was just a lame attemt to try to belittle. That's the part that bugs me. I don't care if you want to give legitimate reasons for building. Just don't throw out comepletely unthought out statements and numbers that make no sense at all.

Realisticly people build there own because of the hoby of it. It does not save that much money.

bty, cheapest ram on newegg is 117 for 512 = 234 for 1g.

your prices are a bit off para[android],

I can find your RAM you purchased 2*512MB DDR2 PC4200 (533) for under $200

925XE boaro for $160

Floppy is maybe $5 from my local comp shop, sometimes $3 on sale

Fans are not $45 unless you are buying like 6-8 of them or they are LED's or crazy overpriced. I can get 4 fans for less than $10 from www.xoxide.com and they are LED and cool looking. they sell for $1.49 each.

I'm not gonna comment on your computer at all, you don;t want to hear it and i don't want to type it. Bt an avid computer builder like yourself should know a little price unting could easily save you a couple hundred bucks. $1000 is an overstatement i agree. I realize you work and travel, no time to tinker with a custom computer. a manufactured computer was probably in your best interest, you got somewhat of a discount...looks liek an OK deal to me.

see were i get the exxtra money is from the parts quality

the thing is they make special parts for dell and the other oems that are very low quality that cannot be compared to stuff on the market.

and you asked on a PUBLIC forum about your thhing and you got an OPINION now an opinion may be crap but it cant be wrong becaue its an opinoin.

if your content with your comp thats great but you asked for opinions and i would not be content with an oem

that is all

I'm sure your right, I did not hunt super hard for the best price on every component. I am sure saving a couple hundred is totaly realistic.

But....
ya you spend about 1000 dollars too much if you woulda built it yourself
...is just really gay

para[android] said:
I'm sure your right, I did not hunt super hard for the best price on every component. I am sure saving a couple hundred is totaly realistic.

But....

...is just really gay

yah...you would have to cut back alot on that system to save $1000 going and building it yourself. If you could really save that much money on the same spec'd system doing it yourself, places like Dell and HP would be gone already. You generally save only a few hundred if that, and some people think that's worth it especially if it's there only option due to time or ability.

well i the thing is you prob could save that much and build a system better than it really if your price hunt but yiou cant compare anything to a dell because you cant find those parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom