How to persuade parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cloud said:
aye but i didn't know as much as I do now, and i'm still not as comfortable with building them as i'd like to be, but i'm sure my dad will work it all out of me this summer on the farm. :)

i built the same machine basically and im guessing for half as much loll

no doubt. I'm not spoiled though, i've taken care of myself, except for paying rent, since i little. I even bought the laptop I had. we didn't have much money. My dad just started farming 2 years ago and he can now buy us the stuff he couldn't before.

Meh, its all good. It was 'the family's which was my dad and 4 sisters and they were all fighting over what to do with it, and it's not like it was bringing us money or anything

the PC in my sig is all built and paid for by me. it's not the best, but will be upgraded when I get the rest of the money

so far the parts I've got (including things not in my sig) are:
Pentium 3 700MHZ coppermine (7 x 100FSB)

Nvidia TNT2 Pro 32MB OC from 142MHZ core and 150MHZ mem to 180MHZ core and 200MHZ mem

Gigabyte 6VXE+ slot 1 motherboard

slot 1 to socket 370 card

Zalman CNPS6000-AlCu CPU cooler - using 120mm ADDA fan
instead of the 80mm fan it came with

2 x Thermaltake 120mm thunderblade blue LED fans

Thermaltake Extreme Spirit cooler for GPU (designed for northbridge)

Thermaltake copper RAMsinks for graphics card and one for my HDD's cache chip

Lian-Li PC-V1000

Seagate 160GB 8MB IDE

Sony 8x4x32 CDR/RW

Sony silver floppy drive

Dell Sony 21" Trinitron P1110 - max resolution 2048x1536

300W PSU

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS

2 x 256MB + 1 x 512MB PC133 SDRAM
although my motherboard doesn't suport more than 256MB per DIMM, so it sees 768MB

Shark Cannon V 5.1 speakers peak 900W

Turn what you want into your job. That is what I did and I have a really nice computer right now that I built. There are computer shows and you can buy lots of processors whose conditon is unknown. I only bought Socket A/423/370 processors since I had simple barebones running with those sockets. I tested the processor. Those that worked were sold for an extreme profit and those that were defective were thrown away. I got each processor for $1-2 and even if I spent $50 for 25 or 50 processor and only one worked, I'd make a 100% profit. Try something like that.

dude, go work at dunkin donuts( or a fast food place like that), thats what I did. pick a joint that pays you at least $6/Hr. I started working at DD in august of 2002, by september of 2003 I had enough saved up( plus a little from working at Mickey D's) to build my own computer.
AND i only worked on weekends during the school year. ( every saturday and every 2nd sunday) I have since gotten a better job working in an office, but when I left DD, I was 17 and was making $7.50/Hr.
damn Apoc, what are you, a manager of some sort?

I should start repiring PC's for money
Nah screw that. Youd have so many people coming in with 'Yeah I was just sittin there and it exploded' and then you get the fun job of repairing it. Newer systems would be aright but think about all those people with really old systems that would want you to reinstall Win98 and crap like that on it.

I went into a computer store once and some dude was in their wanting a format cause his sound disappeared.....that case would be easy money, but yeah ehh, repairing PC's seems like it'd be more of a nightmare unless you just like troubleshooting em.

And yeah no mcdonalds employee around here gets $9.85 so you must be 'cook' or co-manager or somethin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom