How to persuade parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is the feedback:

First off, I know I could save up the money. But, the fact is, my work doesn't supply me with many hours. So when I make 180 dollars every two weeks, I have to pay for gas(im 16) and other car expenises. And I can't work in the winter, i work at a golf course. So, I would have to wait almost a year before I have the money. And I just don't want to wait.

Second, I guess screw the whole P2 case idea. I was just gonna mod it, but oh well.

Third, I know some of you pay for your own stuff and build your own computers. But, Im sure a lot of you had a little help on the expenses side. I just need a little help for the time being. I plan on paying them back.

Just tell your whole family that if they want you to learn about computers, you can't do it on an aging computer, that may help. Just look at prices and differant setups, and see what price range it is, then break it to them.
You have a PM by the way.
Yan

what did you think of the small loan idea? you have a job and can prove your income, you should be able to secure a small loan. you said that you would pay your parents back, so why not get a loan and pay them back a little at a time, the payments would be low for a loan that small. i know you work for a golf course that is slow in the winter, or is it closed for the season all together? can you pick up a part time cashier job for the winter?

I don't even have a job. I saved my allowance ($25 per 2 wks[low, ain't it?]) and got to about some $300 after like a couple of months and in the end, my mom said that she would pay for some of it. She started putting in likke $50 per 2 wks and in August I got my parts and put it together (see sig). I didn't really want her to help though. I would have gotten a job eventually.

Heh, i just graduated high school i had a 2.4 ghz Presario notebook, told my parents i was majoring in computer science so i needed a pc that will run good programming programs as well as 3d modeling and some more mumbo jumbo. They bought me what I have now as a graduation present, see sig below.

cloud said:
Heh, i just graduated high school i had a 2.4 ghz Presario notebook, told my parents i was majoring in computer science so i needed a pc that will run good programming programs as well as 3d modeling and some more mumbo jumbo. They bought me what I have now as a graduation present, see sig below.
Damn!:eek:

cloud nice shit lol but it woulda been more cheeper to build one
always is cheaper to build then go and buy

aye but i didn't know as much as I do now, and i'm still not as comfortable with building them as i'd like to be, but i'm sure my dad will work it all out of me this summer on the farm. :)

But, Im sure a lot of you had a little help on the expenses side. I just need a little help for the time being.
Nope...when I say I pay for my own stuff, that means I pay for it all, if I had assistance in paying for it, then I wouldn't be paying for my own stuff.

I don't think you need to make a plan for it dude. You need to just ask and if they don't then oh well...that's life and it's not like you'd be the only kid ever to not just be handed stuff from his parents like most other spoiled kids I've seen. Granted you don't fall into that category because atleast you do work and try the best to pay for your own stuff.

If you can drive you should seriously consider being a pizza delivery boy. Yeah it sounds crappy but I worked that job for about a year, brought in about the same $180-$200 every two weeks, but the plus side is the tips, every night you have atleast enough money to fill your tank and then some. I was coming home with a minimum of $20 on most nights. Really not a bad job at all.

When I graduated high school I got a pat on the back and a 'Good job, ya did it' =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom