64-bit pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanman

Solid State Member
i was wandering if there is any way of unlocking the multiplier on an AMD 3200+ 64-bit processor. i have seen these little tags with links about 6 pins together but can` remember where it was or if there was any other way so please help me.?

Well I believe you can turn the multiplier down on those, just not up, so if your goal is to raise the FSB then you're good to go.

Nubius said:
Well I believe you can turn the multiplier down on those, just not up, so if your goal is to raise the FSB then you're good to go.

icon14.gif

WELL I`VE GOT MY MOBO AT 217 AND THATS THE MAX STABLE THE THE PRO IS AT 2387 BUT IS THAT THE MOST I CAN GET OUT OF IT. OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY I CAN CLOCK IT WITH BRINGING THE FSB OF MOBO UP.

OK YES I DO SOUND LIKE A N00B AND YES I AM SORT OF BUT I MOSTLY MOD FOR LOOKS NOT PERFORMANS

Its too early in the day to be doing this but what i ment to was how to bring the fsb of pro up without bringing the fsb of mobo up. i can change the values of src/zclk/agp/pci but the locked together and the values i can change them to are:

100/133/66/33
100/150/75/37
100/133/80/40

i dont have anything in pci slot. the gcard is an fx7500LE and the memorys are 520 400Hz and 2-256 400Hz but there running at 333Hz because my stupid mbo cant run 3 stick of mem at 400Hz.

and oohhh the mobo is a foxconn K8S755A-FRSG (formerly 755A01-6EKRS) can anyone help?

You don't want your AGP:pCI going above 66:33 so make sure they stay there.

Since you can't raise the multiplier then raising the HTT is your only option for overclocking the CPU and getting a higher HTT, but so you know, technically 64's dont have FSB since they have onboard memory controllers so it's actually called the HTT for the hypertransport speed now.

So basically your HTT is set to 217 right now know what I mean?

You cant, it's that simple. Your board should also be stable at far above 217 even if it's a cheapie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom