XP CD Key question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I reinstall XP on my system every couple of months just to keep things running smooth. But now its saying I've activated my CD Key too many times. Is there anything I can do about this? Do I need to buy a whole new copy of windows xp or can I just buy a new product key?

You need to call them on the phone activation section. When you use the key more than 3 times, you can't activate it anymore.

No, contact MS and tell them why you installed your XP one too many times, usually 99.9% of the time, they will make you go theu the entire explaination and then give you this LONG key to plug in and then you are good to go for a long time to come. Hardware changes are the biggest problem. Liz

As long as YOU have the orignial cd sleeve and key, you are good to go. Liz

how about this....make a fresh install ya knw put all the drivers in and progs that you use often...then get Noton ghost make a image of the hard drive then there you go you can do that as many times as you want...and also you dont have to reinstall everything agian its all there. if you have any questions e-mail me silenteminence@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom