I tightened up my cas latency and reconfirgured my settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike11973

In Runtime
I am getting better results with this overclock....what do you guys think?

NF7/S Rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-(cpc on)
2500+M @ (235*11)
G.Skill ddr 400LA(TCCD)running 1:1@235
2.5-3-3-8
Saphire 9800 Pro
cpu-1.875v
ram-2.9v
chipset-1.7v
Tested 5+ hours prime stable in blend mode.

Hmm...I still think that G.Skill should be able to perform tighter =/, but obviously if it won't run it won't run, but by everything I've read of them, they should be at like 2.5-2-3-7 at 235 or something. Don't know...either way it's still good though.

Can't wait to be able to experiment with mine.

The best I can get which is where I am at the moment is 235*11 with the timings @ 2.5-3-3-3....anytime I even think about going 2.5-2-3-7 or any other combination it wont post. I had it up to 240*11 at the same 2.5-3-3-3 settings but it failed prime after 10 min. not to mention I had to up the juice to the processor from 1.8 to 1.93 which shot my temps up to 55-56 under load which I did not like so I backed it back down and even lowered the voltage to 1.8 for now to see how it holds. Hopefully you can get some better results with yours.

damn that sucks =/ I doubt I'll get better though. Those G.Skills seem rated for higher speeds and tighter timings so I'd be lucky to get what you're getting there.

It'd be lovely as hell to hit 250x10 since I run my processor at 2.5GHz anyway, but I highly doubt the motherboard will be able to get that high. I know the RAM would as it's meant up to 266MHz, but I just don't think the board will do it.

You havn't done any mods to your NF7 have you?

I think I'm still going to attempt the voltage mod so I can put my chipset voltage up to 1.9, maybe 2.0 but that's pretty high so I don't know about that.

I had considered doing the L12 mod so that the BIOS recognizes the CPU as a 400FSB processor instead of a 266 in hopes that it'd be easier for the BIOS to do 200 up to 250 than thinking it's doing 133 up to 250 ya know?

But it seems like you're having fairly good luck with OC's without any sort of mods as it is.

My temps were always in the 30's, generally 38C on full load, but I'm moving it into a new case not to mention I won't have the same motherboard =/ assuming they replace it.

If you tried doing 240x11 I'd say it was your CPU there giving you troubles not necessarily the RAM. Why don't you drop your multiplier? Or what....lookin at your processor I guess you cant huh?

Either way 2.64GHz at 1.93Vcore sounds about right, mine needs 1.95 if I want to run 2.7GHz completely stable. or 1.825 for 2.5GHz

good point...I think I will experiment with lowering the multi to up the fsb more and will get back with you.

Cool, wasn't 100% sure if the multi is unlocked on that 2500+ or not though.

I had to up the voltage to the memory, chipset, and cpu a bit to get it at least super pi stable....I will check with prime later.

latestone8ui.jpg

lol dude I don't think I've ever seen a cycle time of 3 thats awesome. 246MHz with 2.5-3-3-3- timings! Now you're cookin! Looks good man.

So you've done no modifications to the board huh?

Chipset at 1.7

Dimm at 1.8

CPU at 1.8 is what you're running with that currently?

If it doesn't get stable no matter the Dimm voltage or CPU voltage then your chipset voltage would need to be raised which getting past 1.7 requires a chipset voltage mod.

Also since your chipset is up .1 and you're running near 500FSB you should really look into a good aftermarket NB cooler as I'm sure it's running hot as is.

are you running dual 512's or 256's? The 256MB ones do considerably better than the 512MB's most of the time. looks good so far:) Keep those if you upgrade to A64 anytime soon...they should really fly.:)

Size says 512mb so I'd assume he has 2x256 otherwise it'd say 1gb in dual channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom