To good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Ok, I've been searching around literally everyday looking for the best parts for the computer I'm building in March, and one thing I'm still undecided on is the case. I want one with decent airflow, a good amount of drive bays, and something that's fairly easy to work with. Obviously the better the price the more likely I am to buy it.

Well I just stumbled accross this case, with this power supply included with it. I have been reading some reviews, and for a case that comes with 6 LED fans, a huge power supply (34 amps on the 12v rail!), a built in fan controller and temp display, plus a fan controlled PSU, I figured this was just too good to be true. This thing retails for about $230CDN, which is less than the case and PSU I was looking at earlier, which doesn't even include all the fans and accesories I wanna shove in it, so I'm wondering, is this really some sort of amazing deal, or is there some sort of catch? :p

Yeah, I was pretty sure that the case would get pretty noisy, but noise isn't really a big issue to me. I'm really just wondering if a "fully loaded" case such as this that is selling for so cheap has quality parts in it or not.

well you can't really comment on the quality until you actually see it first hand

my Lian-Li PC-V1000 case has 2 120mm fans, I replaced them with thermaltake blue LED ones, and am now using one of them for the CPU cooler. the case has really good airflow and is quiet as, except for my GPU cooler (a thermaltake extreme spirit on my TNT2)

*edit* this is what I have, it looks better than in the pics there.

I really do like Lian-Li cases and would buy one, however no stores around here stock them unfortunetely and I don't really like buying online because I'd rather have easy access to the place I purchased my product incase there are any problems, and I don't really trust shipping companies, especially when it comes to something as big as a case. :p

And I'm really just worried about the PSU, because for a 500watt modded one with huge current on the 12v rail, it seems like I'm stealing it for the price I'm paying. :p

I have noticed that the other rails are a bit disappointing though (3.3v @ 28amps and 5v @ 30amps), but it still seems totally unreal for such a package.

nah there's never a catch with newegg...just low low prices on everyday buys! GET YOURS TODAY! :p

it's an Aspire PSU. personally I don't really know enough about them to be able to trust them.

I would get an Antec, Thermaltake, Enermax or Ultra PSU
those are all solid PSU's which can actually output more Watts than they are rated

I didn't get my case online, I actually got mine ordered from a place I worked at for a while through school. it was a subject Careers and Community Services, and everybody in that class went out and worked somewhere.
so I got mine for just a little above $300 AUS, when they're normally $350

I don't think I'll buy that case if I have to buy a new power supply as it'd kinda be a waste of money, but I think I'll go with that case anyways when the time comes and see how everything goes, all the reviews I've been reading on both the case and PSU seem to be good, Aspire just seems to be an unknown PSU brand to me and I don't wanna be powering my equipment with a second rate PSU.

Man, that case will save me a decent hundred bucks on cooling accesories though, that's why I'm so interested. :p

Hmmm....I could have sworn Aspire was a reputable brand in itself also.

I would think that case and PSU would be of fairly good quality

That's what I'm thinking, this PSU is literally rivaling the likes of Antec and the like, and it's going for a fraction of the price, plus it looks a hell of a lot better. :p

I think that I will go ahead with this case and power supply when the time comes unless something else catches my eye, and I'll remember to report here whether they are any good or not incase anyone else is interested as I'm still blown away by the value of this case. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom