Radeon 9600SE installation troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just convinced them to buy me the graphics card and my dad was all like do you really need this son its alot of money. i dont think hell be happy that we have to buy more stuff

What bios are you running ? The latest bios has all the updates , if you read the older version enhancements and fixes they do update the video compatibilities as well as addresing chipsets updates .I would look into that .Without having the product code i cant find specific info on the MB but i believe your MB supports 2x4x AGP .The 9600 is backward compatible to 4x so it should work what have you got to lose :) If you dont know how to flash a bios find someone who does .Heres the link to your system
Compaq P7000US

Last edited by a moderator:
voltage or sizes has nothign to do with it... all agp 8x cards should be backwards compatible with agp 4x (just because the card is 2x doestn mean the mobo is 2x as well)... the fact of the matter is that if u uninstall the nvidia drivers and try to install ati drivers.. not all the nvidia drivers get deleted.. so you should reinstall windows from scratch and ur graphics card should work perfectly fine... if it doesnt... pls dont hurt me :)

AGP 2x and AGP 8x use different voltages and speeds. the 9600 cannot run at AGP 2x, it can run at 4x but it will bottleneck it.

considering his card was in the TNT generation, the motherboard would run at AGP1x or 2x, but not 4x or 8x, and has different voltages

its the rompaq update also use your service tag or serial number and post the motherboard specs

AGP 4x will not bottleneck a 9600Pro at all

AGP 4x VS 8x wont even bottleneck a 6600GT, if you dont belive me, i have proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom