major problem plz help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcot1kz

Baseband Member
well for some reason ,.. outta the blue my computer is tellin me "you D drive is not formatted would you like to format now" which i really really REALLY dont wanna do i have loads of stuff i need on it .. is there any reason a harddrive would jus start sending you that msg ? and any way to fix it without formatting ?

thx in advance for any help

whats your setup? do you have a single drive partitioned into 2,..or do you have to drives? what filing system is C: and whats the filing system of d:?

how long have you had your hard drive? every hard drive is gonna "die" sooner or later as they have moving parts
what OS have you got on it?

i know it's really annoying when something just stops working without warning, we used to have a 12.7 gig HDD but it died on us and we lost everything!

Try using PC Inspector (a recovery tool for HD's) to get back your files.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

As for the problem itself it sounds like the HD has a damaged table (or is u/s) or your C drive is FAT32 and the D drive is NTFS.
Have you changed anything lately?
Whats your OS?
What make/model are your HD's (or is one HD partitioned?).

I've had a problem like that.. it was all messed up and acted strange.

Try this (In windows XP) open a folder and go to:
Tools->internet options->Click view tab->use file sharing should be CHECKED but for now UNCHECK IT. -> click ok->right click your harddrive and click sharing and secruity (or properties, then click secruity) click advanced->first tab should be administrators

If it's not: Click add enter "ADMINISTRATORS" in the text box and push check names then click OK click the check box

Does this for everything.
If I'm correct, you're having a problem I had. Try it, good luck, I hope it works!

PS: Dont forget to change settings back

devlish96 said:
whats your setup? do you have a single drive partitioned into 2,..or do you have to drives? what filing system is C: and whats the filing system of d:?

I have 2 harddrives
my c is partitioned into 2 so its the C:/ and F:/ and the D:/ is its own harddrive and also I'm running win2k

roho said:
Try using PC Inspector (a recovery tool for HD's) to get back your files.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

As for the problem itself it sounds like the HD has a damaged table (or is u/s) or your C drive is FAT32 and the D drive is NTFS.
Have you changed anything lately?
Whats your OS?
What make/model are your HD's (or is one HD partitioned?).

there both maxtor Hard drives
both drives are Fat32
and i havent changed anything lately :(

I'd try removing them, jiggling them lightly, blowing on them, plugin it back up, see what happens..

I cant access the D: drive at all soon as I open "My Computer" it pauses for a while then says " the D drive is not formatted would you like to format now" but I finally gave up and clicked format and it didnt work :( so i'm guessing it jus up'd and died outta the blue ? because i had no problems with it prior to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom