P4 3.2Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&lang=en&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00022505

ok these are the specs for my mobo which came with my HP250N which i have almost completely upgraded since buying. My question is it says that it supports up to 3.2Ghz P4, i was wondering would i be able to get a 3.2 P4 and overclock it to say 3.6 and will it still work or no because it does not support frequencies that high? and also does this make a 3.4 P4 completely out of the questions too?

yo man, all you had to do was a post a link to newegg with your mobo instead of killing our eyeballs with all this text..

No you will no be able to overclock, when a mobo says it supports up to, that's because their mulitplier will not go any futher, therefore you will not be able to overclock.

That Springdale 865g Chipset supports up to a 3.2Ghz and overclocking it ...it all depends on your bios..it could work..

Yeah for real man, give a link or say the complete mobo name.

Demalii, is currect, if that mobo said, up to 3.4ghz, then 3.4ghz would pretty much be its limit. Im pretty positive thats how it works. But if you get that mobo, then your processor is already at the mobo's peak. So if you OC, then your going over the mobo's limit already. Your mobo could get fried at 3.3ghz.

my fsb multiplier is locked in the bios but using cpufsb i do have my processor overclocked, its a P4 2.6HT at 3.1 but i would like something like a 3.2 or 3.4 running at around 3.6 or 3.8.

i wiould reccomend that u buy a new mobo.. because the mobos that come with prebuilt computers are usually locked in such cases as overclocking.. and even if you do oc... those mobos arent meant to take the extra stress as they are specifically made to the company's standards... so ur safest bet would be to buy a new mobo

im already going from 2.6 to 3.2 stable so i dont think overclocking is a problem i just want to know if the motherboard is going to allow me to go any higher than 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom