I can't boot into safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Why can't I boot into safe mode? What could be the cause? My computer is new. No problems that I know of. I just wanted to check some things in safe mode but no go. Why???????????

It goes into the choice screen and I click on safe mode and it starts to do its normal thing. Then it reboots and goes back into the choice screen again. It will do this over and over if I hit safe mode. It won't let me in. I have to just reboot.

The one I have always used when I go into safe mode, just safe mode. I have used it with networking but usually just safe mode.

so it boots up normally but not with safe mode?
I can guess it's because some of the generic drivers are not compatible with your hardware, but then again if it was, nobody could have got Windows to work when they first installed it.

But now I have a more serious problem. I should have known better but I listened to the advice of someone. They said that I should use the safe mode in msconfig. Wrong. With the box checked now it just keeps going in circles and won't boot up at all and I can't get in to uncheck the dang box. I should have know better. What can I do to get in to uncheck it???? Why won't it let me into safe mode?

Load from a boot disk to get to command prompt. Then go to C:\ and type "edit boot.ini". In there, the second to last line or so will have in it "/safeboot:minimal" or something to that effect. Delete that and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom