internet issue on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYY DYNASTY

Baseband Member
Just installed a new windows 2000 server on a network of about 20 or so machines (mixed between windows 2000 pro and XP pro).

The problem is this: They used to share a T1 line with the office next door and (for various reasons) we just cancelled the service and installed a DSL line (not shared with the adjacent office). The day the Linksys VPN router was installed, the two 3com switches started to act up. All the activity lights started to flash RAPIDLY and simultaneously. The network was still operating but the internet access was down. As soon as I disconnected the w2k server from the network, the activity lights stopped flashing and the inet came back up.

Now, I immediately ran a virus scan and came up clean. Checked for viruses and spyware/adware and nothing.

I thought it may have been a process that was acting up on the server, but everything looks normal. I dont understand whats up.

Any suggestions?

yeah, i tried that. and it didnt do anything

i rebooted the server and the lights stopped flashing, so I know its gotta be something with the server, but I cant figure it out.

well, thanks anyway...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom