No dual channel for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person

Baseband Member
Hello again everyone :D.
Upon recent question I downloaded the CPU-Z program. To my complete surpirse it told me that the number of my memory channels is one. Well, I own a MSI Neo2 Platinum mobo, and all it said is to put two first memory sticks in both green slots for dual channel. The memory is Corsair XMS Twin Pack so it should have no problems running in Dual Channel. How can I enable that? Is there any settings?
Thanks!

you have to have your sticks in different colour slots (at least on mine) for dual channel... the two ram slot colours represent the two channels... so if you put both into one colour it will run in single channel mode!

So... i think you need to put a stick in green and then the other stick in the other colour

those booklets are written at the core of the earth by the mole people... their wording aint so good ;)

Yeah :D.
That indeed worked, it says dual channel now.
And Holy Mother of God, Windows booted so fast now that I didn't even notice and had to log on already!

Now I just have wait for all those mail-in rebate checks and buy me another pair of dual channel ram :).

psht I sent in a mail-in rebate to WD back in september....still waitin for it hahah :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom