Making a start up disc in Dos question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I need to flash the graphics card that I got from gigabyte and the only way to do it is in dos mode. I have never really done this before so please give me some info. I will extract the downloaded zip to my hard disk, then restart my computer in dos mode but in xp I must use a start up disc it says. I need to change the command prompt to C:\> and then begin to flash the bios by typing atiflash -p 0 filename then it says example (r955128d.f1 at the c prompt and press enter then restart. I am not sure how to make the start up disc in dos and really what to do in the command prompt. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ok, that was easy enough. I still can't get it to go.
I am not sure exactly what to type.
Here is exactly how line 4 reads that tells me what to type
4. Begin to flash BIOS by typing atiflash -p 0 filename (ex:r955128d.f1 at the prompt and press enter.
What does it really look like I should type to get it to go. It keeps saying bad command prompt.

ingeborgdot said:
Ok, that was easy enough. I still can't get it to go.
I am not sure exactly what to type.
Here is exactly how line 4 reads that tells me what to type
4. Begin to flash BIOS by typing atiflash -p 0 filename (ex:r955128d.f1 at the prompt and press enter.
What does it really look like I should type to get it to go. It keeps saying bad command prompt.

Well, do exactly what it says. Go to a:\, then type atiflash -p 0 and then whatever the filename is. Type dir *.f1 to see if there is an .f1 file. If there is, substitute this file name after the "0 " in your command.

I have tried everything. I get into dos but the commands just don't work. Here are the things downloaded for the bios change exactly as written
ATIFLASH.CFG

GVF13

r925128t.f11
These are the things that were zipped??

I have tried many different ways of writing it and none seem to work. Could you show me the exact language to use. I have checked and I know what I downloaded is correct and it matches my card. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom