Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigNinja

Baseband Member
Can anyone tell me what would make my computer kick me out of games that it shouldn't (I.E. Half Life, BF1942, Star Wars Galaxies, etc) and sometimes restart my computer? I just did a complete format the other night, two in fact. I have all the updated drivers for all my software / hardware. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, but after I installed a new power supply, all this started to happen. I've run countless tests on my RAM, and my video card, so I doubt it can be either one.

Computer Specs.
AMD Athlon 1400
ABIT MoBo
Nvidia 64MB Ge-Force 2 MX/MX400
Soundblaster Live
Windows 2k Pro

How often does it happen? If it only happens every now and then, people could be sending D.O.S. attacks while you're playin these games.

It can't be a DOS because most of the time I get that annoying Dr. Watson bullshit. Never fails either. Its either a Crash to Desktop or Dr. Watson. Also, like I said earlier, All the problems didn't start happening until I had to replace my power supply.

Its an Abit KG-7
BIOS AWARD V. 6
DDR PC2100

I doubt it's DOS attack either, so SigNinja you suspect the power supply? what are the specs and price for the new power supply you're using? is their anyway you can test the system with another PS? it could still be a video card driver problem. did you update your video card driver or have you been using the same one as before you installed the new PS? test it using an older video driver you are certain worked. the only thing i can think of is that your new power supply isnt providing enough power , but i doubt that. it sounds more of some sort of software problem you are having.

The power supply is the same in everything that my last one was. Its a 300W.

Ok, I'll try the older drivers.

I've already been there Kboy. I've used it before. I don't believe I'm running alot of hardware because the last power supply I had is basically the same one (different vendor) and it ran everything perfectly.

The Old drivers didn't work either. I'm going to ask a guy I know to see if he can help.

try checking your video card control panel, reduce solor quality and resolution while you are paying your games. adjest the setting for your video card, also chaeck if you isntaller your mother board drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom