Official - My New Rig Building Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well I did a little tweaking with the BIOS setup screens and got the DVD RW to boot then HDD (so does this mean it is recognized or what?) then floppy. So I got to the OS instal and hit F6 now im at a screen that says...setup was unable to load support for the mass storage device you specified. It then asks for the a manufacurers - supplied hardware suppot disk to put in, which I do not have. I bought my harddrive OEM, I dont know if this means it wasn't supposed to come with one or what. So, im stuck here. Since I don't have the disk, I just skiped through to see if it would boot Windows. And, then goes back to the screen saying does not recognize any hard disk drive. Then reboots. So, what do I do now without having any disk???

Well, unfortunately the computer im on is a labtop with no floppy drive. So i guess I will have to do this at a later time. But, I am going to work now. I will be on in 6 hours. If you guys come up with ANY TYPE of information you think would be usful to me with this problem or anything I will need to know later, feel free to post. thank you

Yea man Gaara is right you have to load the SATA drivers onto a disk and then boot from that disk and install those drivers onto the bios before you will be able to do anything else. It is different from the typical IDE where you dont have to do anything and it just recognizes, sometimes if you ask nice different places will do it for you. We burned and made driver disks for people when I worked at OfficeMax all the time. Do you have a friend with a floppy and the internet?

Yes i sure do, one thing though when computer is on should the floopy light be lite. Because, my friend gave me this floopy and it really old a beaten up. I am not sure if it's even working. Anyway is there a way to check in the bios setup? Leaving for work right....now.

I dunno man, I've always hated floppies and didnt even install one in my new computer. I just hate them so much, they never worked for me. And I've only maybbeee needed it a few times.

Well, I just got back from work. Had to stay 2 hours later then scheduled. Anyway I can't really do anything about getting the driver disk tonight, so. While I wait, is there any good reutine you guys use when Windows boots for the first time. Just any basic information like that would be awsome. One other thing, my friend said the first thing I should do when I get the thing running is to run a benchmark. How do I go about doing that, because he bets his computer will run a series of benchmarks better, although hes running a...
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
9800 pro
1 gig dual channel
and forgot the motherboard
Anyway, thanks for all the responses guys, and by the way i plan to have this thread active until my computer is running top notch ;)

There's nothing very difficult about it, just download the file I have linked you to above, unzip it, save it to a bootable floppy, run the XP installer, wait for the prompt to press F6 to install mass storage device drivers, insert your floppy disk, and your computer will do the rest.

As far as benchmarks go, most benchmarking programs are not free, although you can download free trials from all over the place, and there are sites which will test and your score your computer for you, although I'm not sure how accurate they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom