Resizing Partions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
I bet this question has been asked before but here goes...

I'm installing Suse 9.2 on the same hdd as XP but the partition I was going to install Suse on is too small to install so i need to resize it. I have searched and searched for a program like partition magic but I don't want to spend money. All of the programs I found are only a trial and don't allow you to resize. Can someone suggest a FREE program that will resize partitions?

Also I wanted to take free space from an NTFS partition and add it to a FAT32 partition is this possible?

I'm not certain that what you are trying to do is such a good idea. I'm not questioning you or anything, but I wouldn't do it. You should probably try and do a fresh install and use your Windows XP disk to determine the partitions and set them to the format you want.

I have seen a lot of probelms out of PCs when people go and switch the filling systems on a disk after the fact. Even if it is 10GB.

well I'm trying to keep that option as a last resort because I have about 1500 songs/video/other media that I don't want to lose. And about 10 games that i have FINALLY configured to work without problems/errors and saved game files.
thanks for the reply

I don't know about a free app. But to add space from your NTFS to your FAT, just resize (smaller) the NTFS to create unallocated space and resize the FAT to use to use the unallocated space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom