Win 2K Pro Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

endoxus

Beta member
HI All

I have recently had to reload windows 2K Pro due to a disk error. Some of the files that i had stored are encrypted and now i am unable to read them. Is there a program i can use to decrypt the files. i have tried disk recovery tools such as R-Studio but it remembers the encryption attribute.

Thanks

What did you use to encrypt the file? Most encrptions require password (the one I use does atleast).

no i used the encryption that comes with win2kpro. it is found on the advanced options under the file properties tab. No password, no options, just file encryption that is standard with windows. because the encryption key is uniqute to each install of windows, it now means that i cannot access those files (cause i no longer have the same key)

i did use the same key, but each INSTALL has a different encoding key, regardless of the cd key

oh. that blows. why did you even use 2k's Encryption in the first place? I don't place much faith in MS's ability to keep my information secret. You should have used PGP. Its good, damn good algorithim.

I was just saying, I place more faith in PGP over 2k's encryption. That was all I said.

SigNinja said "that sucks" then said "that blows" well which one is it? hehe..... ahh never mind
would there be a way to change the actual encryption "key" in the files? i.e. use a text editor, but i wouldn't reccomend that

sorry

since you used the encryption, you are correct you are unable to decrypt your information. I am looking for a reverse engineering tool if i can locate it, i will get it to you. but other than that sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom