4ghz+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it a big deal to go after people who you think are lying about their computers/cpus???

Just let them say what they want, believe it or not, congradulate them, and they themselves are gonna be the ones with a heavy heart wishing they actually were running like they said.

Got a bunch of people here who think they are Honor-Cops.

Amd FX-55 C 3700Mhz+- Even at Stock speeds (2.6Ghz) It equals a Pentium 4 @ 3.9+- Ghz
Intel Highest Overclock 6.3Ghz
These are extreme speed i think A 2.2Ghz (Intel ) or amd equavalent processor is going to be mininum

First of all, that stuff about Einstein and others work with computers that got too smart and had to be killed...Einstein was the first human to be able to explain and define inertia...PCs weren't even a twinkle of a dream in his eye, give me a break.

And as for longhorn's requirements, well let's see. In a survey of 1.3 million users of Valve's Steam software, average specs were:

2.0-2.3ghz Intel CPU
256-512mb Ram
Radeon 9800
70-80GB total HD space

And these are GAMERS. If the average GAMER only has a 2GHz cpu it would be absurd to make an OS with a requirement of double that. I would be extremely surprised to see a requiremnt of over 700mhz. I'd sell a kidney if it is 4-10GHz.

The cooling is a triple stage phase change cascade at -122C.
Yeah I had seen that someone typed 'well its actuall phase change x phase change x phase change'

That's just insane.

And I didn't even know that you could make your own, neosteve, have you seen any plans for it that are really detailed on the net? For $100 I'd definitely want to attempt it, but even at $200 if you could actually build one (not even his triple cascade though, just a normal one) you'd still get like -45C

Just think of the possibilities lol, I could definitely get my XP-M past 3GHz with that.

If you know of a place that has some good detailed instructions on how to build one neosteve I'd appreciate it quite greatly. I'm going to try and do a little searching of my own too.

Why is it a big deal to go after people who you think are lying about their computers/cpus???
because when you are talking world record speeds it's pretty important to know whether they are lying or not dont ya think.

EDIT: Here's about one of the only links for making your own phase change, although I highly doubt I could ever tackle such a project.

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.cgi?i=714&s=1

DOUBLE EDIT: Jeez man, these things are insane. Here's a link to the last page of another article on the same site regarding dual cascade phase change. Just look at the monsterous setup that they have there:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=618&s=18

It really isn't worth it unless you got a lot of time and know how....for the rest of us basically phase change is an impossibility unless I hit the lotto =/

aww sweet man!!! Good work Apokalipse!
c11112002img0151b6005vo.jpg

(thats a Fox winking if it doesnt look like it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom