Help please changing taskbar icon color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexx

Beta member
Hello

IÂ’m having trouble, and looking for help changing certain icons. IÂ’ve tried several icon changing programs and have no trouble changing the icon color for example on my desktop, and the icons visible through windows explorer.

However, I canÂ’t manage to change the color of the icons that are associated with the program that shows up on the lower taskbar of windows XP when minimized, or the icon tray (lower right).

The specific program IÂ’m trying to change has all four variables of icon size and color variation in the EXE file itself. The icon changing programs I have definitely see all the different icon variations.

IÂ’ve changed the color of every icon in the EXE file, rebooted, and as mentioned many of the icons do change, but they donÂ’t change when the program is minimized to the lower taskbar, or into the system tray (lower right). They retain their original color.

IÂ’ve even searched through the thousands of icons on my computer that these icon changing programs can display, but canÂ’t find the icons in their original color that are being displayed on that lower taskbar.

Where are these taskbar icons getting their color instructions, and how do I change them?

Any help or suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

they get their instructions from the exe files, and supporting .dll files. all you have to do is open the exe or .dll file with an icon editor such as microangelo, and simply replace any image you want with your own. such as the same icon on a grey scale ...

sunsider said:
they get their instructions from the exe files, and supporting .dll files. all you have to do is open the exe or .dll file with an icon editor such as microangelo, and simply replace any image you want with your own. such as the same icon on a grey scale ...

Well, thank you, but I know the info is in the exe file and have changed them as I stated in the original post.

So why when I change all the icons do they only show up changed on my desktop icons and windows explorer and NOT on the taskbar or system tray?

Thanks

Peter

apokalipse said:
are you trying to change the colour with the XP theme on?

I don't believe so. It's not a windows programs icon if that's what you mean. I have no trouble changing the color of any icon IF I CAN FIND IT to change it.

As suggested by sunsider above I tried the icon program microangelo, and as with other icon type programs I can search all the EXE, DLL, actually all the files that this small program delivered into the suggested c:\Program Files\directory. I changed the icon color sucessfully for the short cut icon on the desktop and all the other little icon that can be seen through windows explorer. I just cannot find this program specific icon that shows up on the taskbar when minimized or the system tray icon.

I know it's somewhere, it's just a matter knowing where to look, and it's got me stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom