Msi Neo2 = Junk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freenet

Baseband Member
Well my 2nd MSI board crashed on me, same as the first. I just got my replacement from NewEgg thursday and swapped it with the ABIT i was using, with no problems i might add. Anyway the first one didnt even make it through windows installation, this 2nd one lasted about 16 hrs and crashed while i was away from the comp. I have reinstalled the ABIT and everything is fine. Both boards where using factory settings, i.e. no overclocking. After crashing for whatever reason, nothing could bring them back. I reset bios, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I've read other posts here and there about the same problems with other NEO 2s weither its Intel or AMD based. Oh not to mention the Bios software was mediocre at best, with inadequate OC options.

I should add that I in now way blame NewEgg, there is obviously a manufacturer defect with these boards even though many are working fine. If anyone is looking at buying a NEO2 I would suggest looking at something else. Also I'm not bashing MSI boards as i know they make quality pieces but no matter how many great products a company makes there is bound to be a problem with one. Well just sharing my experience with you guys in the hopes that it can same someone a headache or two. Anyone else have any problems with any MSI products?

Thanks for listening :)
Joe

My Neo2 works fine so do most people maby its something that the motherboard doesn't like..ram video card ect.. In fact the NEO 2 Is the best NF3 939 board around...

Wow, thats pretty crazy. Was anything damaged, like the box it came in..? When you put everything togather, did you use gloves?

What do you mean when you say crashed? Unbootable? What does it say when it crashes? Explain it and maybe its not the mobo but a conflict with some hardware or something.

Well the Asus A8V is best

But you can return the Neo2 as many times as you want, untill you get one that works.

Not that asus is perfect *cough corrupted bios *cough

Never had a problem with an MSI board. Had the KT6V myself and put together a 64 system for a kid using the Neo2 and it was a wonderful board.

Well the Asus A8V is best
Asus sucks, especially if they have a corrupted BIOS, then that really seals that they AREN't the best. Abit is the best IMO. With MSI and DFI coming in close 2nd and 3rd

It's a matter of opinion.

Corrupted BIOS was pretty easy to fix, just had to re-flash it. But it's a no-no for Asus since someone could have to RMA it.

There are lots of good reviews for the neo2. You must be doing something wring, or just have a lot of bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom