how cold can i get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen that video where they have the 5Ghz project!!!??? They take off the cpu heatsink, mount a tube on it and pour (pretty sure its liquid nitrogen... correction??) right into it and they show the thing being oc'd as they pour more and more in. They also mount this huge power thing onto the chipset. They end up OC'ing this p4 3ghz to just over 5,000 mhz!!! its pretty tight. Oh its the world record video!
found it!!!. I had watched the video a longg time ago a little after they did it. I know theyve gone farther but this is a good video and yes they OC'ed to -196F, which is damn impressive. Anyway its worth a watch, the movie is at the end of the article.

Yeah I saw that a while ago. Which is why I think it will be ok to try that out. There is moisture every where, just when the out side air is -25F it is frozen.

Condensation WILL be a problem..You can try put a bag oround your cpu fan that will help...as for below 0c ..that won't happen..maby 10-15c..

AND_YOU_ARE, thats a good idea, looks like your really taking advantage of winter. Since your computer is already cold, then you wont have much water vapor. But if you took it away from the window, then placed it back you would. As long as your computer stays cold, its fine.

You need to put thermal grease on the "pin" side of the cpu, if you want to go below 0c. Because water molecules form up on the other side.

I wouldn't put it next to the window. Unless you really want a good excuse to build another one.:)

If you got it too close, it could actually cause the condensation to form inside your computer. It being between the warm room and the extreme cold outside.

Not a smart thing to do.

uzi9mm said:
You need to put thermal grease on the "pin" side of the cpu, if you want to go below 0c. Because water molecules form up on the other side.

What have you been smoking:eek: Your comp would'nt last 5 second's, who ever told you that need's a smack.

FoxyLoxy said:
Anyone seen that video where they have the 5Ghz project!!!??? They take off the cpu heatsink, mount a tube on it and pour (pretty sure its liquid nitrogen... correction??) right into it and they show the thing being oc'd as they pour more and more in. They also mount this huge power thing onto the chipset. They end up OC'ing this p4 3ghz to just over 5,000 mhz!!! its pretty tight. Oh its the world record video!
found it!!!. I had watched the video a longg time ago a little after they did it. I know theyve gone farther but this is a good video and yes they OC'ed to -196F, which is damn impressive. Anyway its worth a watch, the movie is at the end of the article.
that's already been beaten, a prescott 3.6 has got to over 6GHZ using triple vapour phase cooling

What have you been smoking:eek: Your comp would'nt last 5 second's, who ever told you that need's a smack.
it's true, it is also required you do this in the vapour phase coolers since they run at sub zero temps

although arctic silver 5 wouldn't be a good idea, since silver is electrically conductive, and if the current goes between pins......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom