Which one is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want the laptop for?
Personally I'd take the P4. The Pentium M is for portable applications, like low power usage. The P4 is just a power hog but you get better performance.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i thought the the only difference of P4 and PM is the mobility of PM (battery performance???) and since the Compaq P4 runs in 2.4Ghz while the toshiba PM runs in 1.5Ghz, does this make a lot of differnce in terms of performance?

I do travel very little, I basically use the computer for slide shows, movie editing and some design works and of course netsurfing a lot...

Take the P4, if your not going to be "on the go", 900mhz makes a difference. It's just that your battery wont last as long as the Toshiba, most likely.

The Pentuim M is like an AMD chip, just because its lower clocked doesn't mean thats how it performs. I'd say that 1.5ghz is on par with a 2.8ghz P4, and you get the extra battery life:)

Merlin is right. I just looked at the Pentium M specs and it has a 1-2mb cache (depending on model). So it should be equal or better then the p4.

WOW!!! You guys are GREAT!!! You just helped me made my decision, today is the final day of sale... I'm getting the Toshiba. Thanks a lot you guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom