Windows Continues To Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBlah

Solid State Member
Ok, I'm using Windows Xp Professional, everything it set to it goes to the Welcome Screen and so Fast User Switching is enabled, but it doesn't let me. Usually when you press the start key + L it goes to the welcome screen so you can switch users. Now my computer goes to some screen saying "This computer has been locker, only the administrator can unlock it". I am the administrator!! It says to unlock it just type in your password, so I do, it goes back to where I was before, I press start key + L and it goes back to that stupid screen saying the computer has been locked. Anyone have any idea on what's going on and what I can do to fix it?

Sorry for Bumping this but I really want to get this fixed and I don't know where else to go.

It sounds like you might already have this enabled, but just check to make sure.

Go into your services menu (right click my computer, click manage, click on services and applications then click services)

Check and make sure secondary logon is enabled and set to automatic.

I don't have an XP box here to check, but I do believe that it is called secondary logon.

the Windows key+L is to quick lock your computer. kind of like an instant screensaver with a password just without the screensaver. Its good when you dont want people using your computer when you leave to go take a pi$$ or something like that.

No, Start + L usually brings me to the Welcome Screen. Windows even tells you that Start + L brings you to the Welcome Screen. See for yourself. Click Start, Logoff and move your mouse over the Switch User thing and an info box will show up and say "You can also switch users by pressing the Windows Logo Key + L"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom