ram or graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzaeoi

Beta member
hi

Does anybody know what would be the best option?

my son has a e-machines desktop pc purchased from pc world(yea i know,i know)

It came with a measly 128 ram and states integrated 64mb graphics.It also has no agp slot.My question is what is the best upgrade.as the ram is integrated is it just better to put it another say 512mb of ram or do i get say 128/256 ram and get a 64mb pci graphics card?

any help would be appreciated

The 64mb PCI card probably won't be much of a performance increase over the intergrated graphics... so I guess you should add more ram...

I used to have an e-machines. They will only handle 256MB of ram at max. So fill that up, and buy a cheap graphics card.

Any graphics card will be better than the onboard graphics because it wont be sharing the ram.

Joeisalsocool said:
I used to have an e-machines. They will only handle 256MB of ram at max. So fill that up, and buy a cheap graphics card.

Any graphics card will be better than the onboard graphics because it wont be sharing the ram.

No... not all E-Machines only handle 256MB of RAM. My brother got one a long time ago, a PIII 500Mhz and it can handle up to 1GB. Also, 64MB integrated graphics will be tons better than say, a 16MB PCI card.

Ok, but dont think of graphics in just terms of RAM. Taking the load off the CPU will definatley be better than on board graphics. IMO onboard graphics are useless.

Joeisalsocool said:

:confused: umm.. i have an emachine.. three years old holds upto 2 GB's also has an 8X AGP slot... Not like emachines uses the same motherboards for all there comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom