4ghz+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win2kpatcher said:
How is that possible though? I guess what I'm asking is where is AMD pulling that comparison figure when a Intel Pentium 4 4GHZ chip does not exsist? I haven't looked in a while but maybe they have one.

Maybe they're beatin Intel to the punch. Maybe theyre sayin hey look we have something FASTER now, not just equivilant. A small projection on AMD's part sayin that Intel will keep the same longer pipeline scheme and when they DO produce a 4 Ghz ours will be the equivilant. What I want to know is when they produce the original chip do they know how to get to these different speeds? Like is there some technology or gradual process that lets them slowly release chips with speed upgrades, the p4 was introed at like 1.7ghz or somethin, and now they have 3.4 and more? What changed that allowed them to make them so much better? (if it is a business strategy which im guessing it mostly is then I totally understand). So say I was the govt or somethin- I say "look, we know youre selling them to the public at 2 ghz but we want the 4 ghz now", or what stops them from making them that fast right away?

The most people have gotten today is to about over 6Ghz overclocked and with heavy cooling below 0C.
Ok...where did you see this at? Toms hardware got an Intel up to 5GHz on liquid nitrogen cooling and that was the highest OC'd speed to date. So I'd like to see this 6GHz OC

Einstein and some others managed to get one to become aware and it became too intelligent too fast, they had to shut it down/"kill" it
more info I'd like some proof of.

As it is scientists can't create a robot that becomes fully self aware muchless then learning too quickly and requiring to be shut down. Got any spots that confirm this?

Also I read not too long ago that Intel had plans to hit 5GHz by 2005-2006 I believe, can't remember exactly which year, and then 10GHz by 2010

Likes been said though they need to optimize their CPU's because as it is AMD can squeeze every last bit of performance out of each GHz so AMD has the right idea and not just pushing high GHz for the sake of selling numbers.

I had also heard about getting DNA, to learn to compute instructions given to them, still utilizing a 0/1 function of course, basically a cell, such as a brain cell, would be able to act as a transistor.....we would be able to fit billions of them into a CPU, and the power would be ridiculous if we were able to harness such a thing......but which brain cells would they use? Definitely not humans as it'd would cause way too much controversy and even animals, people would protest that the companies would then begin specifically killing animals for CPUs or somethin.

I don't know....can't wait to see what the future holds

dang and on phase change no less....wonder what they could get with liquid nitrogen then....hmmm

Thanks for the link neosteve :D

EDIT: man I wish I had the money to afford stuff like phase change and variable CPU's to test out.....I can't imagine how it would be knowing your computer holds the world record in speed.....I'd be awe struck

Its a plesure.
The cooling is a triple stage phase change cascade at -122C.

I think its the same temps as LN2 but im not sure and its more stable and better to use than LN2

I wish 2 i could have that stuff but you cant buy phase change setups like that.

FUGGER maid his own one that you see being used there.

Im also looking to make my own phase change setup but not as extreme as that.

Nubius you can also try make your own its quite easy once you know how it works.
Ive seen a guy make one for $100 wihc isnt bad at all.

Neosteve

Longhorn is not going to be 4-10ghz a requirement. Give me a break. XP has a minimum requirement of 233mhz. Why the hell would Longhorn be 4-10. Be real it will be about a 500-600mhz requirement.
This reminds me of the time that when I was at EB games these retarted clerks were like "Yeah I heard the ps3 is going to have a 2 4ghz cpu's"
Really it is only going to have maybe 600-700mhz.

And that 6ghz link. I don't really believe it. If he had actually have done it , dont you think he would of taken some pics of the computer itself?
And you can "doctor" those cpu-z readouts. I dont believe those CPU-Z readouts. Well for the people who do believe the CPU-Z readouts, I got mine to 6.6ghz with 150cc of Liquid Nitrogen.

Well you can trust the one I posted because those guys have the CPU frequency checker to see if itÂ’s fake.

The one you posted in other hand is cut of at the bottom so you canÂ’t check the numbers to see if itÂ’s fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom