Status
Not open for further replies.

mike11973

In Runtime
sceenshot5za.jpg

went from a 205fsb to 246fsb!!

screen24jn.jpg

and further into prime

yeah I just saw you suggest that to a kid in that other thread.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=244&artpage=949

Nice little article about G. Skill

Assuming your board and CPU can handle it you should be able to get to 275MHz on some pretty nice timings and Dimm voltage.

What are your current timings?

I got some Patriot sticks I'm dying to try out, BUT unfortunately I fried my mobo and I'm waiting to see if it'll be RMA'd :p Newegg just received it, but I gotta wait for the confirmation that tells me what they will be doing lol

Did you notice a nice speed boost? If so, what did you mostly notice it in, meaning, gaming, apps, more gaming than apps but overall still better?

I see you're working with an XP-M,which mobile, and what mobo are you using?

Also whats your North bridge voltage at?

lol sorry for the barrage of questions, but I want to know peoples specs who are overclocking so I have a general idea of what I should be shooting for as I haven't gotten to push RAM past 215 yet since I just now got some RAM that'll go higher than that

NF7/S Rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-
2500+M @ (255*10)
G.Skill ddr 400LA running 1:1@255
3-3-3-5
Saphire 9800 Pro
cpu-1.8v
ram-2.8v
chipset-1.6v
tested prime stable

I have noticed it running faster for sure. Aquamark went up from around a 45k before to 48500 or so now so i am happy with that. The machine in general has alot more pep to it and boots up faster as well. Super Pi is getting 38sec's on 1mb with this set up as well.

Hmm, D25 by Merlin huh? I had tried his beta D27 but it got me all kinds of instability. Also tried D26 by TicTac and my latest attempt was the D23 3D-Fire also from TicTac, I suppose if I get my NF7-S v2 back I'll try that D25

Awesome that you got up that high with a normal 1.6v chipset voltage.

Those timings are pretty loose though. I would have figured the G.Skill do to a lot tighter since they are supposed to hit like 275MHz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings.

You should have done an SiSoftware Sandra memory benchmark at it's normal 200MHz at 2-2-2-5 timings, and then see what your bench is right there at 255 so you know for sure how much gain you have.

Could you get a SiSoftware Sandra memory shot? I'm interested in seeing what kind of bandwidth you got currently :D

Thanks for providing that info for me, regarding voltages and timings :)

here it is at 300*13 I think the difference is pretty decent in bandwidth gain. I am no expert though by any means.

memat200fsb8ii.jpg

I am also pretty sure that the 2.5-3-3-7 timings @ 275 is with the A64winnies.

sorry about the typo above....its 200*13 on the 200fsb mem test.

yup that was precisely the benchmark I was talking about :)

Basically it's like you're running PC3700 since you're getting 3.7Gb transfer

I am also pretty sure that the 2.5-3-3-7 timings @ 275 is with the A64winnies.
Well it's easier to achieve those on that system because you can actually get it up to 275MHz, which is pretty damn hard if not impossible on a socket A (maybe with some BH-5 sticks and lots of voltage mods :p )

But G.Skill has PC4400 DDR550 at 2.5-3-3-7 thanks to the nice Samsung TCCD chips and brainpower PCB that they use

especially since it clearly says on the RAM DDR600 ...all I can say to that is WOW, that'd be insane to hit that, at 3-4-4-8 timings though, fairly loose, but still the insane bandwidth would make up for it.

The patriot stick I have are rated up to DDR533 with 3-4-4-8 timings, but I've been reading tons of reviews and people hitting 275MHz with even tighter timings than 3-4-4-8, so you gotta figure the company just puts those really loose timings because it's 100% guaranteed to run at that.

Anywho nice OC still though man, perhaps if you knocked up your chipset voltage to 1.7 you could get tighter timings on the RAM if you can't get them any tighter at 255

but if you do that, I suggest you get aftermarket cooling on the NB because as it is it's getting hotter than normal since you're running higher than 400FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom