how cold can i get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Currently, in Potsdam New York, the out side temperature is -25F (-32C). If I were to put my case next to the window so that the two side intake fan draw air from out side, how could could I get the temp readings?

Right now I have the cpu down to 20C, mobo 12C with the window open two inches. Could I get it below 0C?

Be carefull you might get condisation.

As for getting it below 0C i dont think its possible becuase you going to need direct contact with the cpu for below 0C.

-32c thats dam cold.
The other day it was 35c here and my HDD was so hot i couldn't touch it and i burn't myself on it LOL

It was -40 here a few days ago. I am going to attempt to rig up a ventilation fan (a small fan inside a tube meant for increasing ventilation) to my computer and piping it outside, it wouldnt be that big of a deal but my window is really tall so I have to rig up something to shore that up. I doubt from outside temps you could get your temp too low. And apperntly watching the liquid nitrogen (I think) OCing of the P4 to 5ghz a while back you can make it very cold w/o hurting it. But yes worry about pulling in condensation and snow from outside.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Currently, in Potsdam New York, the out side temperature is -25F (-32C). If I were to put my case next to the window so that the two side intake fan draw air from out side, how could could I get the temp readings?

Right now I have the cpu down to 20C, mobo 12C with the window open two inches. Could I get it below 0C?

There was a thread about that sometimes...I forget where it went. BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF MOISTURE IN THE AIR!!!

-Dan The Man

Well if you want to test get together your scrap pieces and make a realy crap comp then test wether it will freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom