6800 Graphics Card's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but lets say given you have a really nice new computer with everything you woulda rigged up on an SLI machine, minus the second graphics card, I'm sayin with few games really puttin the top end cards to the test these days, seems like you could just wait and buy the second card later when there were games that would stress it. I'm askin if without that second card would there be any difference than a non SLI machine with the same specs and the same one graphics card? ... so is there degradation in performance in an sli mobo w/o the second card?

Eh, today's games don't push things really. If you have a top-end card, you're fine. I mean, look at games like DOOM3, which have technology that today's cards don't even support yet. Adding more cards doesn't boost performance into these areas.

And besides. If you play DOOM3 at full settings (like I do on my 6800GT) and experience no lag or graphical effects (like I do) then what's the problem?

Now, I couldn't play DOOM3 with my geforce3 card. It was too old and outdated to play at the high settings my 6800GT plays at. So I upgraded, and I can see a definate and worth-while improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom