6800 Graphics Card's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moja

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I'm gonna be buying 2 * SLi enabled graphics card's soon(GeForce 6800), when my DFI LanParty SLi-DR arrives (early February). But there's so many out there on the market, what's the difference other than make, what I am looking for exactly?

Moja

im not sure if you should go SLI right now due to problems with it at the moment and the fact that its way too much money for how much performance you get out of it, iv'e already been yelled at for asking about it lol :)

You mean different companies making 6800's? If so, go with eVGA. That's where I got mine, and I love it. Nice support, good site, great card, great heatsink. Happy happy happy.

is the 6800 sli capable?
i thought it was just gts and ultras?
o well i wouldnt really reccomend going the sli route really waste of money unless you wanna play ultra high settings on doom 3 or something

is the 6800 sli capable?
All 6800's are SLI capable, but only the GT's and Ultras have the necissary hardware configurations for it.

Remember, the chip isn't the only factor in a graphics card.

SLI isn't all that it's cracked up to be anyway. If you're just going to play games with it, don't waste your money...chances are, you won't notice the difference anyway, and your system will most likely bottleneck it if it's not liquid fast too.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
MotherBoard: DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX55
Video Cards: 2 * XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3
HDD: 2 * Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM
HDD: 1 * Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB
Optical Drive: Plexator DVD+/- 16x
PSU: OCZ PowerStream 600W
RAM: OCZ Platinum EL Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB
Soundcard: Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum 7.1 Surroundsound
Case: CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 with Side Window
Case Add'ons: Coolermaster Stacker 4in3 Device Module
(Converts 3 of the 5.25" bays into 4 3.5")
Case Cooling: Coolermaster Cross Flow Fan
Cooling Fan 80mm for PC Case

And yeah its a gaming machine, but ive got a lot of money to blow on one, so why not make it a fantastic build? This comp might not be pushed to its limits NOW, but in a few years time, its gonna be able to handle the lastest stuff. So in my opionion, its an investment if anything

Moja

You could also buy just one card right now and get the other later when they're a lot cheaper. Is that what you meant by bottlenecking Shoobie? If you have an SLI capable mobo and you only use one will it be as fast as just one graphics card on a reg mobo? or is there somethin funny there?

if i had 5000 bucks to spend id spend 2000 of it now and 2000 4 years from now and get the same performance and have 2 machines :)

Foxy, if your computer is slow, or slow enough to not be able to keep up with the speeds of a high-end SLI setup, then it doesn't matter how good your graphics setup is...you'll get crappy results in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom