4ghz+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Bullet

In Runtime
How long till we get past 4ghz?, How long till we get to 5ghz?
And how far can we get with the technology we have now?
I know Longhorn will require 4-10ghz. So im guesing we can do 10ghz at this time, right?

Who told you Longhorn will require 4 Ghz!!, I dont think Microsoft will sell many copies with those requirements

Well people have got there by overclocking. I'm not sure how long but pretty soon 4 and even 5 will be standard, intel has said that they want to concentrate on other aspects of processors instead of Ghz, so they will probably be slow on getting there. There is new technology in the works which will drastically change the speed of the processor and they are also working on multi-core processors. MIT is also creating computer components from DNA so maybe in a few years our processors will be made from DNA, actual living pc's. Can someone say judgement day. :) We will have to be patient rushing into creating super fast pc's could lead to them becoming self aware, we will have to have preventitive measures in place to stop them from creating their own reality. Who knows we could be part of one right now. Einstein and some others managed to get one to become aware and it became too intelligent too fast, they had to shut it down/"kill" it.

I donÂ’t know about what kind of processor you talking about but i think its might be Intel since AMD will take a while to get to 4Ghz and 5Ghz

Ok well people have gotten past 4Ghz a long time ago with a Pentium 4 but overclocked. Also past 5GHz.

The most people have gotten today is to about over 6Ghz overclocked and with heavy cooling below 0C.

As for longhorn I donÂ’t know what the requirements will be but I think it wont be that high as 10.

As for AMD the highest overclocked one was about in the 3.7Ghz to 3.9Ghz also overclocked and with below 0C cooling temps.

Neosteve

How is that possible though? I guess what I'm asking is where is AMD pulling that comparison figure when a Intel Pentium 4 4GHZ chip does not exsist? I haven't looked in a while but maybe they have one.

IAM_7154 said:
Who told you Longhorn will require 4 Ghz!!, I dont think Microsoft will sell many copies with those requirements

Yeah, the requirements will probably be less than 1GHz, in fact.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom