first pc build HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you!
that helps me a ton!
if anybody is still intrested in posting on this topic i will still be checking it for a few more days. Besides, the more opinions there are, the better chance of me (and others who are trying to do the same thing) getting a better bang for the buck. :)

Also
now i know that the raptor is is a waste of money. so to save you guys .5 sec of typing i will just let you know that i am not getting the raptor. i also forgot to tell you guys that i will not be doing any over clocking because i need this pc to last me for 3 to 4 years. (ok ok just a little ;-)
once again
thank you all!

why would he get pc 4400 when his board only supports up sto pc3200? is there something about it wont the board just clock it down.

i dont know. i kinda like apokalipses suggestion.
would it still be ok if i get a ram to fast for the mobo or should i look for a slower ram (or a faster mobo?)
personally i dont mind the faster ram.

To make the ram go faster, you need to overclock your mobo and CPU.

Get the 3400 and some samsung ram or something, and you should be able to hit 2.4 ghz. That will offer better peformance (3800 speeds)

Don't get the 3400+ Its not that good rather get a 3200+ 939 , Asus a8n sli deluxe. the ram will run asyn with your fsb so you will need to overclock your cpu to make the ram run at 4400(550MHZ or 275Mhz) and to overclock a 3200+ to 275*10 = 2750Mhz from the stok 2000Mhz will require some nice cooling good air Thermal right or something like that will do..If you can water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom