cpu temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
i just got a athlon 64 2800 and the idle cpu temp is 45 c , is that kinda warm for idle ? the vcore is at 1.55 , is that why its that warm ? it goes upto around 52-53 c when gameing.

another question.... my friend has a xp 3000 and his idle temp is 60c and he says it goes upto 80 c when gameing , seems to me my xp 1900 ran hot , do the xp cpu's just run that hot or what?

OH , and id like to take my cpu upto a 2 ghz , is the extra 200 mhz gonna be bad for the cpu ?

i've got the same processor (2800) and it runs around that temp too.
what program are you using for your temps?

my friends got a xp 2500+ and his is runnin' like your buddies...i'm not sure for the gamin' though. he's been wanting to put in a water cooler, but hasn't decided on that yet (any suggestions by anyone for that would be helpful)

i havn't oc'd mine yet, i'm waitin' for some better cooling to make sure...i've only increased the htt to 210 from 200 and it was still runnin' stable...i'm not the one to talk about for overclockin' though.

useing a program that came with my mobo "msi k8t neo" the program is call "Core Center- cool and quiet" it shows temps, voltages and cpu speed , and lets you easly overclock the cpu and will reboot cmputer and set defaults if somthing goes wrong.

amds are naturally pretty hot.. 45 is still alright... but i wouldnt plan on doing any overclocking until u get it under 40 incase u do some damage

sorry...i retract my statement i made earlier....mine runs at 35-37 when just surfin' the net and stuff....it goes up around the 45 mark when playing games. i wasn't on my computer when i said my first post....i went from memory and i got the game temp mixed with the idle...but 45 is still fine.

what do you have your voltage core set at ? mine is 1.550 , maybe that has somthing to with core temp eh? it started out running cooler when i first put it in but this seems to be where it settled 44-45 c idle.

Update- I got the latest version of the software im useing to monitor the system and now its saying my idle temp is 38 - 40 c

trippy huh , I guess i should just use the bios temp reading .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom