CPU Voltage OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Last night I increased the voltage on my cpu up one notch. Now the pc will not boot. I reset the BIOS, cleared the CMOS, left the Battery out overnight, took out all but one stick of memory, checked my cpu which looked ok, unhooked all drives but one harddrive, still no boot. Anyone have ideas to what this could be? Hope it's not my mobo, but maybe.

for some reason when i took my battery out it didnt reset the bios , but there is a jumper that you can use to reset it and that worked fine , maybe you need to use the cmos clear jumper .

just a dumb idea , but ya never know . in reality , removeing the battery should have worked.

Dang dude, what kind of mobo do you have? That would seem like it would in no way kill it unless it was a touchy board or something that was doomed for failure. I pumped 2.225 volts through my CPU trying to get 2.8GHz stable and that's the boards max and it survived, and in your sig it says you have water cooling?

Hmm, I just can't think of why that would do that.

Sucks man =/ I just fried my motherboard last friday too. Testing voltages with a multimeter and the tip of it connected two points accidentally thanks to my shakey hands and ZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!

Ok. bought a new mobo...booted up fine...went into the BIOS, overclocked it a bit, not much at all, rebooted...then got the same thing. Everything powers on, but no video. Humm....VC problem?? How the hell do you clear the cmos? I have 2 pins on the mobo with no jumper but it says CLR CMOS. I've tried all but nothing works. I'm going to change th VC now...Be back in a few..

Didn't work. The clear cmos, there are two pins and next to it there are 2 solder points. How should I short it to clear it?

It's a Gigabyte P4 Titan, my new one.

OK. I bought a new mobo and new processor. Still have no luck. I tired a new ps and still the same thing. Took out all but one stick of memory, still nothing.

What about your video card..Maby you incresed that instead ..does anything come up on your screen or nothing? Doesn't it turn on at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom