Increasing speed without Overclocking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnewt427

Baseband Member
Besides trying to overclock computer components CPU, GPU, memory, what else is there that you can do to increase the speed of your computer (processing power). Now please remember when answering that you have the best of everything you can get for hardware so you can't upgrade. i.e the fastest processer, the fastest memory, the fastest Video card, watercooling etc.

I am thinking of significant gains too like overclocking.

Thanks in advance to your replys.

the only other thing that you can alter is what progams u are running, like only having the bare minimum on startup no adware at all, no themes installed just the bare os really and this still wont do as much as a good o/c

aj2003 said:
the only other thing that you can alter is what progams u are running, like only having the bare minimum on startup no adware at all, no themes installed just the bare os really and this still wont do as much as a good o/c

Please tell me there is something more than this!!

that is about it. if you have the best hardware the only thing left to do w/o a o/c is make sure your software is in tact and has all of the fat trimmed.

Dude thats like asking how can I make $1 bill worth $5

It just can't be done.

There is no way to get overclocking type gains without overclocking. Simple as that.

Nubius said:
Dude thats like asking how can I make $1 bill worth $5

It just can't be done.

There is no way to get overclocking type gains without overclocking. Simple as that.

Does anyone think "out of the box" here, not to knock anyone but, is this truly it. I was thinking see below.

Dual processor upgrades, ??? Something that could be sort of like an adaptor for a standard single processer motherboard. The adaptor could fit into a standard slot, and then provide the structure and ability to run two processers at once. I know they make dual processers motherboards but is this available for single socket motherboards. As the saying goes two brains are better than one!!.

Saying the above statement, would it be possiable to have the best of both worlds, maybe an dual socket adaptor to a single socket, that could have a a slot for and AMD and then another for and Intel, ie, Socket A for AMD and then a Socket 478 for Intel to run on the same motherboard.

Maybe I am just dreaming, but I am looking performance upgrades to an already top of the line machine that we all dream about.

I have been reading about the already SLI configuration that utilizes a dual Graphic card setup on some PCI E capable motherboards . This is something similar too what I have been talking about.

I have seen in the earlier years of SDRAM the memory expansion cards that allow you too expand the memory capability of your motherboard. It was a circuit board that would fit into the standard slot and then have two slots available so you can plug in two memory modules to allow you too double the amount of RAM available for that slot. Has anyone seen this for DDR or even DDR2

Their is a program that lets you control multipole computers, while working togather. But if you did that, you would seen even better results if you OC them. So OC will always win if present.

My friend is thinking about doing that. But for this to work good your going to need fast CPU's and 15000rpm SCSI drives, so when the information is shared and spread out evenly, you dont have one computer working faster then another, or time inbetween data sharing.

Its a very hard thing to do, and to get towork well. So all that work involved, and learning, plus money...its just not worth it.

Funny how somehow people always manage to pick my comments out amongst the few that are already posted.

Point is...upgrading and adding hardware isn't 'boosting a system performance'

We're talking a computer, already made, sitting there....theres nothing you can do to speed it up.

Adding new hardware is a given to speed it up, but that's not what you're asking.

So if you're talking about adding dual CPUs, and extra sockets and crap, you're talking about a whole different thing besides 'increasing speed without overclocking'

You should learn to word your questions more to the point of what you want, because what you're asking is more in the lines of mods or hardware additions than simply increasing speed by other means than OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom