HELP! Low Frame Rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemein

Solid State Member
I play World of Warcraft. My computer specs are as follows.

Processor: P4 2.8ghz 533fsb
RAM: 768mb, soon to be 1gig
Video: Geforce Fx 5200 128mb
HD: 40gig
Sound: Sound Blaster Live!

My problem is this. I am under the impression that I could run this game, with this computer at at least 40fps on low settings, but the maximum I can squeeze out of it is about 25fps, and that is on 800x600 resolution and half of the graphics toned down. This shouldn't be. I have updated every driver I could. Can some one please help??!!:mad:

I do have the latest directx. I am hearing about people with older and less powerful video cards getting getter frames.

I don't know what to really expect since I've never played WoW, however, i do know that the GeForce FX 5200 is a pretty weak card, not really meant for gaming purposes. If I were you, I would consider upgrading my video card.

id say the video card.. the 5k series werent really created for gaming purposes and especially the 5200....
as WoW is an online game so could have to do ur net connection..
25fps is still playable tho =/ when ur below 10 thats when u reallly gotta think, i need a new vid card

you need a new VC .I sometimes try older DX versions to see if a game will run better .

Sweet thanks guys. I figured it had to do with the vid card. I dunno what drivers I have on it, alls I know is that when I tried to upgrade, it old me it was up-to-date. I shut down alll programs and I have scanned for viruses and stuff. So, logically, thanks to you all, it seems to be my vid card. =) Thank again. Any ideas where I can get an inexpensive, yet real good card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom