Norton Ghost vs GoBack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijs12fly

Beta member
I am setting up a new XP machine and figured I may want to create an image of my system once I get it stable. I could then use this if I ever run into a problem with my system.

I have Norton Ghost and Norton GoBack and have not played with either.

I am also setting it up as a Raid 0 system and want to be able to back up my Raid array every once in a while in case I ever have a HD failure.

I realize that Raid1 would be the more secure way to go, but I am a performance kind of guy and want the speed and the security. So I plan on using the Raid 0 array (2 x 160 G Sata WD drives) and purchasing a decent size ATA drive for periodic backups of the array.

Can anyone suggest a good recipee that I can use to protect my data using either Ghost or GoBack. And what would be a good set of rules to follow to backup my data.

I think goback is similiar to winxp system restore , yet much better. I think you should create a restore point with goback at the beginning and before installing new software. Also create a ghost image after a fresh operating system installation with all programs/ games/ settings customized to your preferences. anytime goback can't fix your problem use ghost to restore your hard disk image. as for programs for backing up your raid array try Backup MyPC or Second Copy 2000.

Regarding the Windows Update suggestion.

I am running XP SP1 for now, and have been told a by some that DO NOT UPGRADE to SP2, while others say its a must.

So is SP2 the way to go or the way to avoid?

I heard lots of people are having problems with SP2, but other's don't.

I don't need it so I don't install. Why would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom