6800 Ultra or X800 XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ATI releases the R520 (PS 3.0), NVIDIA will be over.

Why?

The 6800 Ultra competes with the X800 XT at the lowest resolutions, lowest image quality and no AA/AF.

When AA/AF has been enabled with image quality maxed out (regardless of resolution), ATI COMPLETELY OWNS NVIDIA.

Now, imagine having all this PLUS Pixel Shader 3.0?

NVIDIA is good for all around use... But if you are a hardcore gaming enthusiast... ATI is the only way to go. Not to mention that they perform better with LESS THAN HALF the power.

True, with AA activated, nVidia gets beat by the ugly stick from ATI. And no, "nVidia doesn't pee all over ATI", they are both great companies, but the X800 XT, simply, is better than then Ultra, but the way it is looking, the next GeForce card will probably own the next ATI, unless ATI pulls out some new form of technology for their next competetive card, that is nearly perfected.

dartgande, I love the signature! ;)

ATI has been working on the R520 for years. The X800/850 series were just thrown together because ATI can't have the 9800 series as their top card while NVIDIA has the 6800 Ultra EE as theirs. The R520 remains the focus of ATI and when released... NVIDIA will need to start manufacturing lawn mowers or dish soap or something because they simply won't be able to keep up.

lmao! Well then, screw nVidia! I think they'll be good as ATI's tech support team! lol! And thanks for the compliment on the tag!

Yeah, I mean I don't stand strongly with the link I posted or anything, especially since I've never owned a 6800 or X800, so I was just posting that as a reference to what I was talking about when I said that I had read that information from another forum.

So no need to flame me if the link made you angry! :p

RedRecon2004 said:
So no need to flame me if the link made you angry! :p
That link was just pointing out the facts.

If anyone's gonna flame you they gotta go through me first! ;)
dartgande said:
And thanks for the compliment on the tag!
No problem man.

I dunno. NVIDIA has always made an effort to innovate, future proof, and support. They make solid stuff that has a high success rate, is constantly outdoing ATI's leading edge, and there's one other important thing...

Every time ATI comes out with something new, it's usually behind the latest release from NVIDIA, and we've known about the new ATI thing for months in advance.

NVIDIA has a habit of waiting quietly in the background, the springing out with some great new chip that blasts the market again.

I think we're moving into another NVIDIA silence periods. ATI can talk all it wants as usual, and it's great that the XT FINALLY got them caught up after an embarrasing round with the first-release x800's...But I bet they get blasted again.

Can ATI compete with the 6600GT AGP? No
Can ATI actually make video cards in decent numbers? No

I think NVIDIA has the edge right now, but ATI's cards are better, but very rare. I have always been an ATI fan though

ATI may have a firecracker card in the x800XT...but as usual, this won't last.

ATI has time and time again either fallen short of impressive, or done something great only to have it wiped out shortly after by an NVIDIA release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom