Help make My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afromen_00

Beta member
:p New Computer time ( IÂ’m getting it summer 2005 ) Hello, I live in Canada and i am planning to buy a computer. (Money is not an issue, but IÂ’m not wasting it.) Right now i am only looking for the basic's to run a comp

Power supplyÂ’
Motherboard
Sound card
Video card
Cd drive
Case
Processor

I am looking for names prices and stores (Usa price doesnÂ’t matter ill do the exchange and look for the item)

N e thing that IÂ’m missing IÂ’m hoping that you could tell me and what the best kind is and price please and thank you :)

I want it to be amazing i plan to use it for DOWLOADING movies, games, programs and cracks, music , msn , im basicly on my computer 24/7:eek:

www.anitec.ca is a pretty decent canadian site...they are located in BC

processsor i'd go with an amd fx series
graphics i've been hearin' great things about the nvidia 6600gt
sound - top line audigy?
mobo....i've been hearin' stuff about MSI neo platnum...i like my gigabyte nforce 3 w/ my amd but if you go the fx seris it would be the nforce 4
power supply at least a 420 i'd say
i'm not up to date with cd drives...
same with cases....i've been hearin' about tsunami and thermal cases though.
hope i was a little bit of help

just note: here you can't ask for cracks or downloading programs other than freeware. that is your business.

anyway, do you play the highly graphical intense games like Doom 3, HL2, Farcry and such?
if you do, and money is not really much of an issue I would suggest these parts:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
currently the most powerful stock processor available, except for the Opteron 850 which is really friggin expensive, all socket 940 motherboards don't have AGP or PCI-E 16x slots for a good graphics card, and require ECC RAM (which is slow + expensive)

Abit AV8 3rd eye motherboard. this motherboard is very good because it supports higher HTT and RAM speeds

Nvidia 6800 Ultra. this is arguably the best graphics card out there, although has strong competition from the X850's

2x512MB PC4000 G.Skill (if you can find it) Kingmax or OCZ RAM

case: anything you like, but watch out for cheap ones, a lot of the time they come with cheap PSU's which can damage your system

monitor: you can find second hand 21" CRT monitors for really cheap now, but usually they are friggin heavy, so you won't want to take them to LAN's. if you go to LAN's often, you might want an LCD, although for gaming you'd want one with a good refresh rate (which are usually more expensive)
you could also get a 21" CRT, then an LCD to take to LANs

CD Drive: LG 16x dual layer DVD±R/RW

sound card: the onboard sound in the Abit AV8 is pretty good, but if you want a separate sound card, an Audigy 2 vaue is good

*edit*
CntdwnToExtn: Nforce4 boards have PCI-E and normal PCI, they will never have AGP. if you get one, you can't get an AGP video card
not that there's anything wrong with PCI-E video cards

Check out the Guide's area on www.anandtech.com, each week they put together a new system (beginer, med, gamer, overclocker) and tell you what they think is the best for the price range.

I personally like the overclocking capabilities available these days. For 160 USD I have a AMD2600 running on an ABIT NF7-S v2 running at 2.5GHz (compared to the 1.83 GHz default setting).

apokalipse said:
*edit*
CntdwnToExtn: Nforce4 boards have PCI-E and normal PCI, they will never have AGP. if you get one, you can't get an AGP video card
not that there's anything wrong with PCI-E video cards

i learn something new every day.....guess it's time to start brushi'n up on things...i'm gettin' behind :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom