Stupid skipping Winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Just tonight, winamp has begun to randomly slow down or skip in the middle of songs. It sounds exactly the same as when you play a scratched CD and the tracks skip or something. Winamp has never done this before. I don't know what to make of it. It's not an issue that I'm running too many programs with not enough RAM or something, because all I have open is AIM and an Internet Explorer window. Does anyone have a clue as to what this could be?

my brother had a similar issue when his CPU was overheating, he cleaned the heatsink and fan and the problem was sorted... have you checked your system temps?

I think you might be right about the CPU. I checked my temps, and they are steadily higher than they once were. The CPU used to idle around 44 C, but now idles around 56 C. I removed the hsf and found that the thermal pad that came with the retail heatsink is absolute crap. The connection is terrible, and in many places, the thermal pad is no longer touching the CPU core. I think I'll order an aftermarket cooler, and also some Arctic Silver 5. Thanks for the help man.

Maybe you are having buffer overruns on your sound card. Make sure your hardware acceleration is at full.
And if it is at full with the same results try to lower just a tad to see what happens. I really dont see how winamp will make your CPU overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom