whats up w/ my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
For the last 3 weeks, everytime I turn my monitor on it starts making a high pitched noise only when XP starts up. I turn the monitor off until the start up is over and when I turn it back on, the noise has stopped. During regular operation I have no problems with it, just at boot up.

What's going on??

Is it a beaping noise, or is it just a long high pitched noise? And did that computer come with that monitor?

it's a long high pitched noise that stops when I turn off the monitor. Yes this monitor did come with this pc... bought it in October 2003

Assuming it's a CRT based monitor, it's probably the flyback - you may have really sensitive ears since the flyback is up over 10KHz - (I forget the eact freq - may be 16KHz) - could mean the demise of the PS is coming up soon.

Do you mean my pc could be going? I was thinking maybe it was the video card?? Because the noise stops as soon as boot up is over.

Nah - not the PC - just the monitor - be ready to buy a new one soon - it's the power supply in the monitor itself, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom