master cd, slave cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm,..i think to some extent it does,...i've read somewhere that you have to set as master the drive you use the most,...but i clearly don't see any difference.

My pc finds both but make sure the master is the one showing in the bios so you can boot from cd with it. As to audio cable if you chose digital out then you do not need a cable.:bald:

Fret not, with Serial ATA being implemented and being the new standard (well, soon enough) the days of jumper settings are coming to a close.

But currently, I use my CD-Rom as master and my Yamaha CDW-F1 as slave. Reason is this, I spent $130 on my burner (best burner on the market) and I don't want to lessen it's life by running my game CD's. The CD-Rom on the other hand is easly replaceable.

So if you have an expencive burner, keep it as slave, and don't use it for everyday things.

that should be fine, except some older games wont recognise the slave drive for cd-input (games that require the cd)

a good tip is to put one drive in the primary id and the other in the secondary id, againg it doesnt matter the order. also the cables is quiet useless if you choose the digital audio, also whit the analoga udio cables there is noise and interferences tath afect the quality of your music, and you convert the audio to analog to reconver it to digital when you conect your analog audio cables back to the mother board or audio card.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom