Computer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I still have that spyware problem, some of you know about. Of course it has proliferated. I only use my computer for talking with friends/music/forums. So im not on all that much. Because its a cheap computer, witch im in the middle of builting one. I admit, this is all my fault for ignoring the problem. Plus being careless.

I came home from work today, went to start my computer up, and it says this.

NTLDR is missing. It tells me to press CTRL=ALT-DELETE to restart, same thing happens. Im not sure what this means. Anyone know?

Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

**Or if you have a really bad spyware problem just re-install windows***
Once you get spyware on your computer I dont care what anti-spyware software you use, traces of spyware are still on it, and I could never really trust a computer after a bad spyware infection.

it's the boot file used for xp and 2000.......i dont' knwo what it stands for though.....new technology loading device reload....lol, i don't know.

i had this problem with 2000 a week or two ago....seems like a lot of poeple haev been havin' this problem too

NTLDR -> NT Loader.......
A program loaded off the boot sector that displays the NT startup menu and helps windows load.

Oh ok, so doing what you suggested would be ideal then. Im going to look for my windows xp disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom