Just bought Geforce 6600 gt now what motherboard should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I just bought a Geforce 6600 gt graphics card.... I presently have a Asus P4Pe motherboard and was wondering when i upgrade my mother board what should i get? What would get the best out of my Geforce 6600? Cost is another issue around $200 dollars is all i`m willing to spend. Any suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

Well, it kinda depends.....

What is the front side bus speed of your processor? If it can handle a FSB of 800MHz, then you'd want to get a mobo that can support a 800MHz FSB.

Also, is that 6600 GT AGP or PCI-E? Its probably PCI-E, but you should make sure you know what it is before choosing a mobo.

thanks for responding! I`m almost positive it`s a Geforce 6600 AGP (How can i tell?)(when i installed the Geforce 6600 it had 8xAGP but my motherboard only had 4xAGP) Front side bus speed? Really not sure... My computers processor is a Pentium 4 / 2.40 GHZ and 512 mb . Hopefully this will help....thanks again!

Madwad, you have an AGP card.

I would suggest an ABit or MSI based board.

I don't know what your socket board is though but either one of those companies produce really good boards, but you do need to know what your CPU's max FSB is capable of so you can get a board that matches it.

Anyone who knows about Intel should be able to know what socket a P4 2.4GHz CPU and what kind of motherboard would match up with it appropriately.

Hmmmm, the 2.4 GHz comes with a fsb of 400,533, or 800 MHz.

So, to figure it out easily, download this , and that will tell you about your processor (as well as some other things).

Hey Elbatrop thats so really cool S*it,
Too bad i have no sweet clue what im looking at....:(
DO you have something i can compare my numbers too?
Thanks

Uhhh, do you want to compare specs with me, or were you just wondering what each of the specs signify? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

4XAGP and 8XAGP is no difference? So my Geforce 6600GT is just as good with what i'm using now (4XAGP)???I DOn't understand.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom