Ok I did something stupid (IDE Channel Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCricket

Beta member
Ok, so I was going to install omega drivers for my ati radeon 9800 pro. So I went through and deleted all of the ati software and drivers. Then I went into add removed programs and spotted some NVidia drivers. And I'm like why are those on my computer? So I deleted them. Yes I am an idiot because those were my chipset drivers and I completely forgot about them. Anyways, so I figured I would just reinstall them since I have my CD. The drivers were detected and everything went fine untill it started to install drivers for my IDE channels (whatever those are I don't know). I tried installing drivers from my windows xp home disc but everytime I do it gives me an error that these drivers were not meant for this platform. And I don't know what that means. So now I have no drivers installed for whatever the IDE channel things are ( there are 2 ). Halp!

Specs
Athalon 3000 Xp
The Radeon
ABIT AN7 nforce 2
Windows XP Home
1gb Mushkin Ram
SATA Hard Drive

I wouldn't worry. Try copying some files from the CD-rom to your harddrive and see if it isslower than usual. As long as everything works fine its ok.

if you are able to see the Hard drives and the CD rom's you didnt kill it.
check in device manager... start >> control panel >> system >> hardware (tab) >> Device manager...
if you see any yellow exlamation points, search for the drivers... be sure to have the cd rom option selected and the cd in the drive...
if not, everything's ok... and you can update the drivers if you wish...

those nvidia's sw Ide driver are different than windows xp ide drivers(I personally think they slow up the computer(they claim to speed it up), so I don't use them. I use the xp drivers. uninstall those nvida driver,and reboot the computer and rerun the nvidia set up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom