6800 Ultra or X800 XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard, the X800 series run better, have less problems, and are even supposedly faster than the 6800 series!

This is just what I've read from several other forums, though, so i can't be too sure...

It ain't true.

The 6800 runs beautifully, and I haven't encountered any problems yet (on my machine or in the press). The x800's get whomped by the 6800's in benchtests.

That, and you really gotta wade through all the ATI-vs-NVIDIA jargon.

Well, I don't prefer ATI or nVidia, but all the sites I read say that, since the nVidia is using new everything for their video card, and ATI is improving on older technology with their X800 XT, the XT whoops the GeForce ultra on most benchmarks, but during the next wave of video cards, nVidia will probably come out on top. The X800 XT is just flat out doing better on more current games, and when all three benchmark reviews agree, from sites I trust, that are not biased one way or the other, then I agree.

RedRecon2004 posted an awesome link.

NVIDIA makes great cards... but for those who are serious about gaming...

ATI is by far the best choice!

Hmm....ATI has better support for new cards? Not hardly, when those new cards first came out there was posts galore on these threads regarding people not getting the performance they thought, driver issues etc...etc...

It seems to me ATI is rather unorganized when a new card comes out, especially with this last series that seems like they rushed it out to compete with the nvidia 6xxx series.

Their drivers have gotten better, but in the beginning it was a total mess.

Well they just aren't throwing out random 'new' drivers. They have their completely stable 'official' drivers and unlike ATI aren't having to make a new version every week.

Seems like they take their time to ensure good quality drivers, but yeah it's true their driver releases are further apart.

True, ATI must have the WORST organization flaws ever. They can't even keep up with what cards they have sent and where they have sent them! Poor management shouldn't be an excuse, no matter whom you are, but as long as I get a good performing card, I'll try to overlook that for now.

but as long as I get a good performing card, I'll try to overlook that for now.
lol that must be what jessicas simpsons husband thinks 'Sure she's dumb as a rock, but with that body I suppose I can overlook it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom