Windows and Mac in one system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macintosh computers (with system 8.1-9.2) can run Windows '95 - '98 - ME - 2000 through an emulator called Virtual PC v5.0. Macs with OS X 10.x or higher can run Windows XP through Virtual PC v6.0.

I highly reccomend using a PowerMac dual G4 or G5 for this emulator seeing as any slower processor would hinder your ability to move around quickly between the two environments.

But if you're looking to run them both on a PC platform, it's not possible and there is no emulator.

mac_mogul said:
Macintosh computers (with system 8.1-9.2) can run Windows '95 - '98 - ME - 2000 through an emulator called Virtual PC v5.0. Macs with OS X 10.x or higher can run Windows XP through Virtual PC v6.0.

I highly reccomend using a PowerMac dual G4 or G5 for this emulator seeing as any slower processor would hinder your ability to move around quickly between the two environments.

But if you're looking to run them both on a PC platform, it's not possible and there is no emulator.

G5 cant run VPC 6 yet. Just as a side note.

By the way, this has already been discussed here

so does that mean IBM PCs and compatible cant run both OS together and only Macs ar capable of it?

Actually there is an emulator called Basilisk that will run on windows and emulate Mac OS up to 8.1

piggysmile said:
so does that mean IBM PCs and compatible cant run both OS together and only Macs ar capable of it?

IBM PCs = x86 PC's.

Can't you run OSX through VMwear? OSX is unix based, so wouldn't that work?

I think it would be possible to design just one OS, and a new type of computer to run Mac AND Windows programs

- Macrosoft hehehe.... -

note: this would take ages to make, probbably be unstable at first, cost a lot, and take a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time to get used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom