Wow! Why is this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Alright, brand new computer I got for christmas. Has been working perfect until yesterday.

I just bought some new 5.1 speakers, set it up and everything works fine and dandy. Play a couple of hours of counterstrike then I turn the computer off for the night and in the morning when I try to log into windows it stays at "Loading Personal Settings" For atleast 3 minutes. Then it takes another 2-3 minutes loading up my taskbar, objectdock, etc...
My previous startup times were under 15 seconds!!!

I restart thinking the computer was just messing with me and being slow for no reason, but it does it again! and again, and again, and a total of 4 times.

So I go ahead and run safe mode (which boots up normally) and run AVG Virus Checker, Norton Anti Virus, even some Spyware/Adware Programs.

Now before this happened I would defrag my computer atleast once a week, and when this happened I went ahead and Defraged, and even ran Error Checking on the hardrive. My harddrive is only 50% full...

After startup which takes about 5-10 minutes now the computer runs fine, just like how it was before. Shutdown is the same (under 15 seconds) My CPU temperatures are average if not better. And The overall cooling in my system is great. I believe it was 31c last time I checked in Bios...?

I'm gonna go ahead and download Bootvis, and delete some programs/music to see if it helps. Any other suggestions would be great! My specs are below (note: I only have 1 Raptor)

Try running msconfig and see whats under the startup tab

Get rid of anything that dos'nt look important

I had this problem before, mine was for corrupteded drivers, a nice clean reformat and reinstalation of windows should fix the problem. If you have downloaded your video drivers, make sure next time you do, do a clean instalation of it whenever a new version is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom